||[Oct. 30th, 2006|08:42 pm]
As long as I have used Internet Explorer 6, I could never trust the browser for browsing. I was hoping that with the new and improved Internet Explorer would allow me to use only one browser for the Internet. Unfortunately, this will not happen with IE7 and I have yet to get to use the Phishing Site detector. After seeing what happened in IE7 when logged into Slashdot, I felt obligated to review Internet Explorer 7.
The Noticeable Features of Internet Explorer 7:
- Customized Searching
- I can choose just about any website that has a search engine and be able to search that site from my browser along with many other sites.
- This is a plus if one of your work repsonsibilities is to purchase hardware
- Tabbed Browsing
- Clear Type Support
- If you have an LCD screen or any other flat panel monitor, this is a feature that allows the text on your screen appear smooth and more legible
- This is great for those who have poor vision. My father could find this useful
- Visible URL of Pop-Up Window
- This is awesome: Website hacking here I come!
- Removed menu bar from the top of the IE window
- This is a good feature since it allows more viewable space by default.
- I have a feeling though there is a user out there that depends on the menu bar.
- Phishing Site detector
- Supposedly it should be able to notify you if your viewing a phishing or legit site.
- I will definitely put this feature to the test.
IE7 is a big improvement over Internet Explorer 6; the new features improve your browsing experience by allowing tabbed browsing of multiple pages.
Now, how will I test Internet Explorer 7? I will test it using several key points that ensures the best browsing experience.
- Page Rendering
- The displaying of a web-page, plugins and other content.
- Memory usage, processor usage, does it crash? etc.
- Phising protection, Mal-ware installation prevention, and does it properly work with secured websites
- Page Rendering Performance
- Loading times for web pages(until I see text)
Will update with the review.